Insight yoga classes have returned to in-person in our new studio at 1943 Winnebago Street in Madison!
NOTE: Insight requires proof of vaccination (2 shots of Pfizer or Moderna or 1 shot of J&J) for all in-person group offerings.
Aerial Yoga Foundations
Aerial Yoga-All Levels
Yoga therapy is the application of specific yogic tools and techniques to address an individual’s physical, psychological, and emotional needs. Yoga therapists have extensive training in adapting the practice of yoga, including postures, breathwork, meditation and mindfulness techniques to meet the needs of their clients. The practice of yoga therapy uses both top-down and bottom-up approaches that help regulate the nervous system. Top-down approaches use cognitive tools such as meditation, self-awareness, and personal inquiry to affect the state of the body, whereas bottom-up regulation uses the body through various movements and breathing techniques to regulate the nervous system, affecting thoughts and emotions. Yoga therapy provides tools to help support self-regulation and resilience.
Yoga therapy works with the natural capacity of the body and mind to support healing including:
- Chronic pain, including low-back pain, arthritis, premenstrual syndrome (PMS), and other types of pain such as that associated with fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome
- Mental health, including concerns like anxiety, depression, trauma and PTSD, addiction, eating disorders, and others
- Neurological issues and complications of stroke, multiple sclerosis (MS), Parkinson’s disease, and traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Support for illnesses such as cancer, diabetes, and heart disease
- Overall well-being (you don’t need to be sick or in pain for yoga therapy to have value!) and healthy aging
If you’re looking for yoga therapy, Maureen, Nikki and Kim — all certified yoga therapists — can meet with you to assess your needs from a holistic perspective. What works for you physically, emotionally, mentally? They can design a program to help you facilitate sustainable change that leads to overall well-being.
Initial 60-minute intake and assessment: $110
Subsequent 60-minute sessions: $90
Individual and small group yoga therapy
Insight’s yoga therapists work with you to address your specific goals and create a holistic wellness plan. The practices your yoga therapist recommends could include:
- Movement ranging from gentle to dynamic
- Breathing techniques
- Meditation or visualization practices
- Physical postures that address specific areas of discomfort or musculoskeletal imbalances
No prior yoga experience necessary
Contact Nikki at email@example.com for more information or to submit a referral for services.
In June, our new spacious yoga studio at 1943 Winnebago Street will include aerial yoga!