Insight Counseling & Wellness is a state-certified outpatient mental health clinic dedicated to the promotion of mental and physical well-being. Our approach encompasses the whole person and is individually tailored to the unique needs of each client. Insight Counseling & Wellness is an LGBTQ-friendly, culturally competent, strengths-based and client-centered environment. We respect your desire to meet your goals and we hope we are the right fit to help you create the life you deserve.
What you can expect
Most counseling sessions last for about 55 minutes and can occur weekly, every other week, or as needed. For our first session, we’ll meet for about 60 minutes, and one of our counselors will ask you questions about your history so that we can get a clear picture of what sort of goals we can work on together.
Please contact us at (608)-244-4859 to complete a short screening process.
“Jeanne and Tara have been wonderful therapists. They have helped me learn how to have a better mind-body connection, taught me different coping skills, and have seen me through some really difficult days. I believe the work we have done together has improved my mood, lessened my anxiety and depression, and given me a better perspective on life as a whole”.
We can address issues such as, depression and anxiety, post-traumatic stress, communication and conflict resolution, anger management, recovery from abuse, relationship issues for couples and families or problems adjusting to life changes such as the death of a loved one, divorce, the loss of a job, relationship or pet. Please contact us at (608)-244-4859.
For individual, couple or family psychotherapy for master’s level therapists, our rates are:
- Initial 55-minute intake and assessment: $225
- Subsequent 55-minute sessions: $215
For individual, couple or family psychotherapy for Ph.D. level therapists, our rates are:
- Initial 55-minute intake and assessment: $285
- Subsequent 55-minute sessions: $265
Our out-of-pocket rates are subject to a sliding-fee scale in the event of financial hardship. Please have this discussion with your therapist when requesting services. Please call (608)-244-4859 to inquire.
We require a 48-hour notice for canceled or rescheduled appointments. If you cancel within the 48-hour time frame, you will be subjected to a $75 fee. If you fail to call or contact the clinic, you will be subjected to a $100 fee.
Many, but not all, of our therapists accept the following insurances. Please call us to confirm:
- Dean Health Plan
- Group Health Cooperative (GHC)
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield
- Care Wisconsin
- The Alliance
- Comprehensive Community Services (CCS)
- WEA Trust
- Medicaid (Badgercare)
- NOTE: We can only accept some types of Badgercare Plus. Questions? Call us at 608-244-4859.
“Angela is an excellent therapist. Wise and experienced, good listener with a soft touch. Skilled in the the use of EMDR. Very highly recommended!”.
- Personalized therapy and yoga instruction by a registered yoga teacher
- Individualized/one-on-one programs
- Exploration of creating holistic wellness
- No yoga experience necessary
- Personal care from a yoga practitioner who understands basic and traditional medicinal aspects, injury and illness, has a knowledge of anatomy and physiology, and a passion for combining modern science with ancient yogic tradition and philosophy
If you’re looking for yoga therapy, Maureen or Nikki — both certified yoga therapists — will meet with you to assess your needs from a holistic perspective. What works for you physically, emotionally, mentally? They can design a program to help you facilitate sustainable change that leads to overall well-being. Contact Nikki Cook at firstname.lastname@example.org or Maureen Grosse at email@example.com.
- Initial 60-minute intake and assessment: $100
- Subsequent 60-minute sessions: $80
Interested in group yoga?
Visit our yoga studio’s webpage for more information on our group classes.
The American Dance Therapy Association, founded in 1966, defines dance/movement therapy (DMT) as the “psychotherapeutic use of movement to further the emotional, cognitive, physical and social integration of the individual” (adta.org). Research shows that movement can open nerve pathways between the brain and body and impact growth and development during all life stages. Dance/movement therapy is a unique form of psychotherapy that is founded on strengthening this body-mind connection.
What to expect in a session
- Individualized therapy provided by a board certified dance/movement therapist who also has a license in professional counseling.
- Dance/movement therapist is adapted for all ages, sexes and mental and physical abilities.
- No dance experience necessary.
- Healing of the whole person by incorporating movement, creative process, and verbal communication.
- Gain access to emotions and issues that might be hard to talk about in verbal therapy.
- Learn to use movement as a means for self-expression, insight, and behavioral change.
Benefits of DMT
- Improve your self-expression and growth
- Strengthen your mind- body connection
- Learn body-based techniques to improve your focus, reduce anxiety, increase relaxation
To learn more about dance/movement therapy, please visit Tara’s site at tararollins.com
Somatic Expressive Therapy
Somatic expressive therapy (SET) recognizes the body as fundamental to healing. SET uses the expressive arts — including movement, writing and drawing — to help clients better understand their healing process.
What to expect
A combination of the following tailored to each individual: Stretching, Yoga, Qigong, dance, drawing, writing, relaxation exercises, mindfulness exercises, body-awareness exercises, and visualization.