We can address issues such as, depression and anxiety, post-traumatic stress, communication and conflict resolution, anger management, recovery from abuse, relationship issues for couples and families or problems adjusting to life changes such as the death of a loved one, divorce, the loss of a job, relationship or pet. Please contact us at (608)-244-4859.
For individual, couple or family psychotherapy for master’s level therapists, our rates are:
- Initial 55-minute intake and assessment: $225
- Subsequent 55-minute sessions: $215
For individual, couple or family psychotherapy for Ph.D. level therapists, our rates are:
- Initial 55-minute intake and assessment: $285
- Subsequent 55-minute sessions: $265
Our out-of-pocket rates are subject to a sliding-fee scale in the event of financial hardship. Please have this discussion with your therapist when requesting services. Please call (608)-244-4859 to inquire.
We require a 48-hour notice for canceled or rescheduled appointments. If you cancel within the 48-hour time frame, you will be subjected to a $75 fee. If you fail to call or contact the clinic, you will be subjected to a $100 fee.
Many, but not all, of our therapists accept the following insurances. Please call us to confirm:
- Dean Health Plan
- Group Health Cooperative (GHC)
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield
- Care Wisconsin
- The Alliance
- Comprehensive Community Services (CCS)
- WEA Trust
- Medicaid (Badgercare)
- NOTE: We can only accept some types of Badgercare Plus. Questions? Call us at 608-244-4859.
Angela is an excellent therapist. Wise and experienced, good listener with a soft touch. Skilled in the the use of EMDR. Very highly recommended!
- Personalized therapy and yoga instruction by a registered yoga teacher
- Individualized/one-on-one programs
- Exploration of creating holistic wellness
- No yoga experience necessary
- Personal care from a yoga practitioner who understands basic and traditional medicinal aspects, injury and illness, has a knowledge of anatomy and physiology, and a passion for combining modern science with ancient yogic tradition and philosophy
If you’re looking yoga therapy, Maureen or Nikki will meet with you to assess your needs from a holistic perspective. What works for you physically, emotionally, mentally? They can design a program to help you facilitate sustainable change that leads to overall well-being. Contact Nikki Cook at email@example.com or Maureen Grosse at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Initial 60-minute intake and assessment: $100
- Subsequent 60-minute sessions: $80
Interested in group yoga?
Visit our yoga studio’s webpage for more information on our group classes.
Group therapy — Creative Recovery through the Artist’s Way
Psychotherapy and Therapeutic Art Group with Tammi Zine, LPC
This group will focus on how to deal with creative and/or mental blocks and be inspired. Get ready to unleash the artist or maker within. We get bogged down with busyness in our lives, and creative endeavors, along with pleasure, take a backseat. Lack of creativity and pleasure can lead to depression, anxiety, and mental burnout.
We will use “The Artist’s Way,” a book written by Julia Cameron, to assist us in this incredibly powerful journey that will propel us toward creative recovery. Within the powerful group dynamic we immerse ourselves in the flow of creative work, resulting in projects, collaborations and deep connections. Together, we dive into artistic dates and set goals in a supportive environment. In addition to the incredible support participants receive in the groups, we gain a sense of accountability, self-acceptance and accomplishment. We come as we are and we process in our own creative way. Guest speakers who have made creative work their life’s practice will also be invited.
Please contact us at (608)-244-4859 to learn more. You can also email Tammi at email@example.com
I absolutely LOVED Tammi Zine’s art therapy group! It was incredibly inspiring. It really made something come alive inside of me! The safety that we created in our group that was guided by Tammi was absolutely remarkable. The openness and honesty that we shared allowed me to truly open up my creative process which was incredibly healing. I’m even considering starting a new career in art therapy as a result of how alive the group made me feel! Absolutely INCREDIBLE to sum it up… I feel truly blessed to have art and the creative process back in my life as a result of this class. Thank you so much for the opportunity.
The American Dance Therapy Association, founded in 1966, defines dance/movement therapy (DMT) as the “psychotherapeutic use of movement to further the emotional, cognitive, physical and social integration of the individual” (adta.org). Research shows that movement can open nerve pathways between the brain and body and impact growth and development during all life stages. Dance/movement therapy is a unique form of psychotherapy that is founded on strengthening this body-mind connection.
What to expect in a session
- Individualized therapy provided by a board certified dance/movement therapist who also has a license in professional counseling.
- Dance/movement therapist is adapted for all ages, sexes and mental and physical abilities.
- No dance experience necessary.
- Healing of the whole person by incorporating movement, creative process, and verbal communication.
- Gain access to emotions and issues that might be hard to talk about in verbal therapy.
- Learn to use movement as a means for self-expression, insight, and behavioral change.
Benefits of DMT
- Improve your self-expression and growth
- Strengthen your mind- body connection
- Learn body-based techniques to improve your focus, reduce anxiety, increase relaxation
To learn more about dance/movement therapy, please visit Tara’s site at tararollins.com
Somatic Expressive Therapy
Somatic expressive therapy (SET) recognizes the body as fundamental to healing. SET uses the expressive arts — including movement, writing and drawing — to help clients better understand their healing process.
What to expect
A combination of the following tailored to each individual: Stretching, Yoga, Qigong, dance, drawing, writing, relaxation exercises, mindfulness exercises, body-awareness exercises, and visualization.
SET can help in many ways including increased relaxation, motivation and insight; lower stress, depression and anxiety symptoms; and it can encourage emotional regulation.